THE TEXAS FIRST PLEDGE
For our candidates "Texas First" is more than a convenient campaign slogan. It is their solemn oath to Texans that they will put the interests of Texas and Texans ahead of anything else. It is a fixed set of principles that guide every action as your representative.
The TEXAS FIRST Pledge
- I pledge to place the interests of Texas and Texans before any other nation, state, political entity, organization, or individual.
- I pledge to be accountable and explain to my constituents how I considered the best interests of Texans before voting for or against any piece of legislation or action taken by my office.
Inherent & Inalienable Rights
- I pledge to secure and protect the inherent and inalienable rights of Texans and to publicly oppose any actions or legislation that would curtail or impede any right to life, liberty, or property.
- I pledge to take any and all actions that would repeal any current impediments to the full exercise of the rights and liberties of Texans.
Texas Sovereignty & Independence
- I pledge to support any and all actions or legislation that fully realize the freedom and independence of Texas articulated in Article 1 Section 1 of the Texas Constitution.
- I further pledge to uphold the right of Texans under Article 1 Section 2 of the Texas Constitution by publicly and officially supporting a vote on Texas reasserting its status as an independent, self-governing nation.
- If it is within the powers of my office, I will file or co-author legislation to enable a vote on Texas reasserting its status as an independent nation in every term that I am elected until such a referendum is held.
- If a majority of the people of Texas vote in support of Texas reasserting its status as an independent nation, I pledge to work toward a fair and expedient separation of Texas from the federal government placing the interests of Texans first.
- I pledge to use any remedy available in compliance with the Texas Constitution to maintain the physical sovereignty of Texas including securing Texas borders from unlawful entry.
- I pledge to place the sovereignty and integrity of Texas elections first including the separation of Texas and federal elections.
- I pledge to support any and all actions or legislation that recognize, defend, or celebrate the unique culture of Texas. This includes protecting our historical monuments, memorials, and markers as well as opposing any attempts to devalue and denigrate the Texas Revolution and the role of independence and the preservation of rights as the primary motivation for those who fought in the revolution.
- I pledge to oppose any economic or financial entanglements with the federal government.
- I pledge to support any and all efforts which maintain a level playing field for Texas businesses and oppose any encroachments on the economic opportunities of Texas business owners such as taxpayer subsidies for non-Texas corporations to relocate to Texas.
- I pledge to oppose the purchase or major investment in strategic assets and infrastructure by foreign corporations or domestic corporations substantially owned by foreign investors.
- I pledge to support efforts to disentangle the Texas economy from federal monetary, banking, and tax policy.
Government Transparency & Accountability
- I pledge to support any and all efforts to improve government transparency and accountability including supporting record votes on all matters placed before me, upholding the spirit of the Texas Open Records Act and the Texas Open Meetings Act, and expanding citizen access to government information.
Not A Candidate?
Share the Texas First Pledge on social media and help us grow the movement to instill pro-Texas principles into the Texas government.
ABOUT THE TEXAS FIRST PLEDGE
Can I modify the wording on the pledge or of choose not to pledge to a particular item in the pledge?
No, we are not allowing any modifications or partial pledges. We have worked very closely with pro-Texas candidates to design this pledge and there are no unreasonable commitments in the pledge.
What happens if I don’t sign the Texas First Pledge?
Obviously, you will not receive our endorsement. Worse, we may actively campaign against you if your opponent were to sign the pledge. We will also publish a list of those candidates who were not willing to pledge to put Texas first.
Will TNM-PAC run negative ads?
Absolutely – and we have a recent history of doing so. One of our goals is to identify those running under the “Texas First” banner who are not REAL “Texas First” candidates.
Will TNM-PAC promote my signing of the Texas First Pledge?
Yes! We will issue a press release and we will post your picture, bio, campaign website and your signed pledge on the site. We will also promote those who sign on our social media pages and our extensive email list.
What will happen if I break the Texas First Pledge?
Our staff will be closely monitoring all actions of our elected officials at any level. In addition, we will be launching a public reporting system so that constituents can submit formal requests for review of actions by elected officials. If you have a question if a vote will violate the pledge, please contact our staff. We will be issuing regular updates to keep you abreast on our positions with respect to important issues and how they align with the Texas First Pledge. For members who break the pledge, we will very publicly withdraw our support.
What happens after I sign the pledge?
After we receive your pledge, we will ask you to send a high-resolution headshot picture, a short bio (less than 200 words) and a campaign website link. We would also like to have a quote we can publish on your commitment to Texas First principles and your decision to commit to the pledge. We will then issue a press release announcing your commitment and will send you an endorsed logo that you can use in your campaign or website(s).
What do I do next?
Click the link below, fill out the form completely, and sign the pledge. You will be contacted to verify the information submitted.