Greetings Fellow Patriots,
Thank you for taking your valuable time and expense to represent your counties at the Texas State Republican Convention.
My name is Joni Matthews and I’m running to be your voice on the State Republican Executive Committee from District 28.
Our district is extremely large, encompassing both counties with large metropolitan areas and rural ones that don’t even have a stoplight in the entire county. I reside with my husband of 45 years in Mason County on a ranch that has been in his family since 1901, and you guessed it, there is no stoplight in the county.
I grew up in Houston and am a graduate of the University of Houston with a degree in Speech Pathology/Special Education. My husband and I met and married in Houston and raised our children in the Cy-Fair area. So, I have the unique perspective of having lived in both worlds.
I’m running for this committee for four very good reasons. Their names are Tyler, Wesley, Travis, and Lorelei: my grandchildren. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know we’re in serious trouble. To innumerate, these problems would be an insult to your intelligence. You’ve been selected as a delegate so, you know what we face. I’m concerned with all of it. Everything that keeps you awake at night as a parent and grandparent, keeps me awake as well.
Our children and grandchildren are our future. We must stand together and draw a line in the sand and defend their innocence and their education. Girls should never be forced to compete in sports against biological males. Nor should they be forced to share a locker room and bathroom facilities. That’s just one instance of the insanity coming from the left.
As I stated before we’re a large district. There are 41 counties yet only 18 are represented in the delegate list. Why is this? Lack of interest? Lack of funds to be able to make the trip? Regardless of the reason I pledge to represent all 41 counties. Yes, even if they don’t have a stoplight.
In my endeavor to help not only our community but also the great State of Texas, I have served in many roles including:
• Current precinct chair, Mason County Republican Party
• Past 1st VP for Programs of the Mason County Republican Women
• Past President of the Mason County Republican Women
• Election judge for county, state, and federal elections
• Delegate to the 2013, 2019, and 2021 Biennial Conventions of the Texas Federation of Republican Women
• Delegate to the 2020 and 2022 Texas GOP State Conventions
• TFRW Mighty Texas Strike Force: Regional Co-Director for the Houston Area
o Responsible for recruiting and training volunteers for the VEP Red Dialer Program
o Recruited campaign volunteers for both state and federal level races
o Block walking for candidates in a variety of races
o Cold calls for Republican Candidates
In addition, I am a proud member of the following clubs:
• Patron Member, Texas Federation of Republican Women
• Member, Mason County Republican Women
• Associate Member, San Angelo Republican Women
• Associate Member, Concho County Republican Women
• Associate Member, Ector County Republican Women
• Associate Member, McCulloch Country Republican Women
• Member, Hill Country Cattle Women
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] or via cell at 281-222-0081. If you have a minute, find me on Facebook @JoniFor28 and complete my opinion survey. I look forward to seeing many of you in the next few weeks in your home counties, or at the latest, in Houston.
God Bless Texas!